How to remove pen ink stains from smooth, grained or caviar leather
Accidents happen. But don't fret - we have the perfect solution for removing that pesky ink stain from your favourite leather bag or shoes, whether it be smooth, grained or caviar leather.
We decided to show you how easy this is using our Ink Off stick by marking our Gucci Soho Disco bag. Yes. We drew on our own bag in the name of leather care!
1. Act fast!
The "fresher" the stain is the more likely it can be completely removed. Keep a spare Ink Off stick in your purse or cupboard to remove stains as soon as it happens!
2. Preparing the leather
Always test in an inconspicuous area first. Do not use on suede and nubuck leathers. Do not use on unprotected leather. The Ink Off works by lifting colour - if the leather is unprotected it will remove colour on the bag as well.
Cover the surrounding area of the mark with masking tape. The Ink Off stick will take off the stain almost immediately but you want to prevent that from smearing onto other areas of the leather.
3. Remove the stain
Now this is where the magic happens!
- Remove the cap and carefully rub balm on the stains. If it's a small area, try a dabbing motion instead
- Allow to rest for 30 seconds. Do not rub or scrub stain as this will damage the leather and can lift the colour
- Wipe off excess balm with The Applicator cloth
- Repeat the process if necessary
4. Complete the process
- Clean the area using Luxegarde's Leather Cleaner to remove excess Ink Off product
- Follow up with Luxegarde's Leather Protector to condition the leather and protect from further stains
Yay! Now your favourite leather product is back to its glorious self! Here's a photo comparing the before and after on our Gucci bag.
Ink Off can be used on all leather products except for unprotected or unfinished leathers. Always patch test before use. You can use them on bags including:
- Chanel caviar classic flaps, boy bags, reissue etc
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Empreinte Leather bags and purses
Avoid using the product on:
- Unprotected leather
- Vachetta leather
To purchase your Ink Off stick and start removing that stain - click here!